Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby Update!

Well, it's been 4 weeks since my last post and I'm two weeks late on some pretty big news!  Most of you already know, but for those of you that haven't heard, we are having a BOY!  Kyle and I are both very excited; however, I'll be honest--since the beginning, I was convinced it was a girl.  I don't know why (well, I do but it's a long story) but I just thought that I was going to have a girl.  So, I had been envisioning "girly" things like monogrammed bloomers and tutus and pink nursery ideas!  Well, that quickly came to end at our 18 week appointment when the ultrasound tech said he was a boy.  Frankly, we didn't even need the tech to tell us because it was pretty apparent on the screen.  What do you think?
This is a bottom view of his left leg on the top and right leg on the bottom.  
In between those long legs.....

After a few minutes of having to "re-adjust" all of my thoughts, I was really excited!  God knows exactly what we need and he is giving us a perfect little baby boy!  I think one of the reasons that I'm so excited is thinking about how cute Kyle will be with a little boy out in the yard throwing baseballs and footballs.  He will be Kyle's pride and joy and will always be mommy's little boy!  The ultrasound was very exciting and we were relieved to know that the baby has all 10 fingers and all 10 toes!  Everything about him looked great on the ultrasound!  They said he was growing symmetrically and right where he needed to be for 18 weeks.  We are so blessed!  Here are a few more pictures from the ultrasound:


This is a great profile shot of his head with his little fist up to his mouth!



Another profile shot of his head where you can really see his nose and mouth.


This is a picture of the bottom of his little feet!


With all of that said, we do have a name for him!

William Dean Tomlinson

We are going to call him Will.  William is my grandfather's middle name and someone that I admire, respect and look up to in every possible way.  I'm honored to name my child after him and pray that one day little Will will know what a wonderful, Christian man he was named after and be very proud of his name!  Dean is pretty obvious!  Since my dad couldn't produce a boy to carry on the name, I'll do my part! :)

Many of you have been asking and I've been trying to avoid this for a while now....so, here is a belly shot.  Don't get your hopes up, there isn't too much to see!  Enjoy because it may be the last! This picture was taken at exactly 20 weeks.


Kyle and I are so excited on the arrival of little Will!  We continuously pray for good health for baby Will and a safe and healthy delivery.  We ask you to keep us in your prayers as well!  

7 comments:

  1. Seriously?! That is your belly shot? You have no belly at all!!! Are you sure you are pregnant?! Just Kidding. I'm so excited yall are having a boy. And I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm....so I am not seeing a belly! ha:)Love the name. Little Will is going to be a cute little jock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly picture looks like mine after I eat Sir Pizza! Haha! You'll have to update us once a month! Can't wait to meet little Will in August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on belly shot, you make me laugh. I look more pregnant than you right now! and you always said you would have a huge pregnant belly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you two! You look amazing for 20 weeks! Oh, and by the way, I recommend delivering at Centennial if you can. They are wonderful and you get TONS of attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am guessing nobody has commented because they are totally JEALOUS that your belly is way smaller than theirs was by that time. J/K You look fabulous. You can dress him in Vols orange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the name! And you still don't look pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete