Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

22 Weeks

Kyle and I went for our 22 week OB appointment this morning and had another ultrasound (yippee!).   At our last visit, they were unable to get a good picture of Will's sacrum (bottom of spine) because he was face up and would not cooperate and flip over.  Today, although stubborn, he eventually turned and the tech was able to get a good shot.  I learned that they check the spine very closely for malformations.  Most spinal problems start at the base of the spine.  Little Will's sacrum looked perfect!  Whew!  He was such a cutie during the ultrasound.  He kept putting his hand up to his mouth and then pulling it away--almost like he was blowing kisses to his mommy & daddy!  Melt my heart!  We could also see him swallowing amniotic fluid and were able to watch his mouth and tongue move when he swallowed and see the fluid go into his stomach---what an amazing sight!  At the end, he had both hands up to his mouth with the first finger of one hand and middle finger of the other hand in his mouth--the tech laughed and said that we have a nail biter---I wonder where he gets that---ahem--KYLE!  It was a quick visit and, I guess, the last time we'll see him until he's actually in our arms.  Here are some pictures from today:

I forgot to mention that I asked the ultrasound tech to look, again, and make sure that he was a boy.....he was! :)  This is a view of his little bottom with the arrow pointed and his "manliness." 

A profile of his head on the right and you can really see his spine.



This is also a profile picture of his head on the right, spine on the bottom and he has his little arm and hand up to his mouth with his fingers in his mouth.  The two small black spots on his chest is his heart.  

In other news....
Emily and Paul had a court date in Ethiopia the week before last (they did not have to attend) and everything passed smoothly!  Little Tesute Sophia Hammond is officially their new daughter!  What an answered prayer!    They will travel to Ethiopia the 2nd week of May to pick her up and bring her home to our family!  Please keep their family in your prayers for safe travels and a smooth transition for Tes!

Kyle's parents, Wayne and Vickie also received good news last week!  Their court date has been set for April 16th (?) and they will travel to Russia to bring Nastia home!  They will be leaving in the next week or so and will have to be in Russia for a good amount of time.  Please also pray for their travels and for Nastia as she comes to join our family. 

Happy Easter!  

2 comments:

  1. So many exciting things going on in your family. I will keep everyone in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT NEWS!!!!! Always so nice to get a good report at the doctor's office!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU KNOW WHAT I AM HAVING AND I DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a stupid, stupid idea. I am trying to see if I can get our family to come over on Saturday now instead of Sunday. I also told Josh I should have ordered 25 cupcakes so no one would know if I eat one early! :)

    ReplyDelete