Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Jungle Cupcakes

So, I've completely been slacking on putting cupcake updates on the blog.  I've had numerous orders over the past few months including my first WEDDING!  I made 175 cupcakes for a wedding in March and will post pictures very soon.  It turned out really pretty! However, I couldn't resist taking pictures and blogging about the cupcakes that I made today (well, completed today--I have been working on them for several days).  
THEY ARE THE CUTEST CUPCAKES THAT I HAVE EVER MADE!  
A friend from college called and needed some "jungle-themed" cupcakes for a baby shower.  I googled to get ideas and the finished product is absolutely adorable.  I'm so proud of myself! :)  I made giraffes, elephants and zebras out of fondant and put them on cupcakes iced to look like green grass.  They are, however, EXTREMELY time consuming.  I think that I will have to charge a bit more for these in the future because of the time put into making them.  In my opinion, it is definitely worth it!





I also had another fun cupcake project that I completed today!  I made "gender reveal" cupcakes for a dear friend who is having a baby!  Mary Kate and her husband, Josh, had an ultrasound (x2) this week to see if they were having a boy or a girl.  However, they chose to not find out and keep it a complete secret until tomorrow!  Mary Kate delivered the sealed envelope to me, along with pink and blue gumballs.  I can't wait to post pictures on Monday!!  They turned out SO cute!  What a fun way to "reveal" the sex of your baby!  Mary Kate and Josh will bite into their cupcakes along with their family on Saturday and all find out at the same time!  Now that takes a lot of self control!    

Just a teaser....!!



Have a wonderful weekend!  

2 comments: