Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Will at 7 months!

Seven months has quickly come and is too quickly coming to an end before I can blog about it!  In 10 short days, he will be eight months!  I, finally, managed to take his 7 month picture yesterday, but swear that he has hit a growth spurt in the past week or so.  This month has been super busy so far!  I came down with H1N1 at the beginning of the month.  Thank goodness that no one else in my house caught it from me!  I managed to keep nursing despite the swine flu with a lovely surgical mask!  
Will and I then headed out for 11 days to Myrtle Beach with my Mom and Dad.  We had such a fun trip and Will was on his best behavior for Grammy and Poppy.  He made it in the car for 10+ hours and never cried (amazing!) and he also managed to eat out 2 meals every day without any major meltdowns.....okay, just one, but it really was our fault for letting him get overly tired.  
I don't have the typical stats this month because I've decided to forgo the $20 well-visit copay to just get his weight checked every month.  Maybe if someone has a digital scale, I'll come over to your house and weigh him.  Though I did take him to the doctor the weekend that I got the flu, just to make sure that he was doing okay.  They weighed him with his little diaper and clothes on, so it's not completely accurate.  But, he weighed in at 15 lb 13 oz.  
Seven months has been so much fun!  Will laughs, squeals and babbles (ba-ba, da-da) all of the time.  He's beginning to get a little clingy and does not like to be left by himself.  This makes for some long days!  At 7 1/2 months, he finally cut his 1st tooth.....teeth!  Both of the middle bottom teeth came in at the exact same time.  I didn't even realize it because he wasn't fussy or anything!  He's sitting up much better by himself, although, we still have to put some pillows around him when we are on the floor.  At this point in time, he does not like to be on his stomach for an extended period of time.  Usually, he will roll right back over to his backside if you lay him on his tummy.  He may never crawl since he has no interest in being on his stomach.  I think he is much more content with standing all of the time.  I have finally witnessed him roll from his back to his belly a handful of times.  It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it and therefore, I can check that milestone off the list, right?  He's such a good sleeper!  He's still sleeping 12 hours at night and absolutely refuses to be rocked anymore (*sigh*).  I guess that I should not complain since I can just lay him in the crib and walk out of the room.  He usually plays for a few minutes and then falls asleep on his own.  We are slowly transitioning into the 2 naps per day, but there are some days were Mommy needs 3 naps :)!  He's eating all of his fruits and vegetables, rice and oatmeal.  There is nothing that he refuses at this point, but I think he prefers some foods over others.  We still haven't given him any real table food.  While at the beach (where his first 2 teeth came through), I started giving him those mum-mum crackers.  He LOVES them!  I LOVE them!  They occupy him for just enough time that I can eat my meal while it is still warm (most of the time!).  

We've had a lot of firsts this month!
1) first trip to the beach
2) first experience at the K&W--well, his first 9 experiences at the K&W
3) first two teeth
4) first time sitting in the highchair at a restaurant
5) first time in the swimming pool/lazy river
6) first time swinging at the park
7) first cold
8) first time having teething crackers








I love you little buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Easton is almost 14 months and is STILL clingy. I can cook most meals with one hand. ha! He's a doll!!

    ReplyDelete