Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

To Dream or Not to Dream?


As several of you know, I am contemplating the idea of starting my own cupcake business. This will probably start out as something that I do out of my home, but my dream is to have my own storefront. Kyle and I have been brainstorming ideas and are beginning to put a business plan together. I have always loved cooking and feel that as an amateur, I got some skill :)! Ha! This is something that I have always had a passion to do and think, "if everyone else can do it, why can't I?"

I've been spending my time testing recipes and working on my decorating skills...which are not too good at this point. I'm beginning a cake decorating class next week and, hopefully, will be much better after the conclusion. I have spent hours scouring the internet for yummy recipes. I knew that cupcakes were popular but I had NO IDEA the obsession that is out there! WOW!

With all of that said, I need your help! I am in the process of deciding on a name. I've been brainstorming and have come up with a few ideas; however, I need more input. I like the idea of adding "a cupcake boutique" under the name. What do you think? Please take a moment to comment on which name(s) you like the best or feel free to suggest your own. Once a name is in place, I will have a logo designed and get a blog set up specifically for cupcakes! Yea! I'm super excited and appreciate all of your help, ideas and input. Here are the nominees:

Sweet Tooth
Iced
Decadence
Sweet Bites
Pretty in Pink
Battered & Iced
Blissful Batters


7 comments:

  1. What a great idea and I think you would be great. I love adding "a cupcake boutique". I like Pretty in Pink,but wonder if that would isolate any potential male (overly masculine)cutsomers. But it's my favorite.I also like Sweet Tooth. I think they are all great ideas,though.

    p.s. love the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iced - A Cupcake Boutique....love it! Can't wait to test out all of your creations! I'm here to help you with whatever you need! Free labor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meg!
    I am so proud of you for setting out on this adventure. I know you will do great. Plus you will have the cutest store front ever. Your attention to detail will make you an awesome cupcake decorator.
    Riley & I like Sweet Tooth the best.
    Just a thought......we have a cupcake store in St. Aug named LuLi's (after her 2 kids). May open some ideas for names since you have so many nieces & nephews. Plus I ate TONS of cupcakes when I was pregnant. Maybe a cute cupcake with a special name for the pregnant ladies. And our store does b-day parties for kids & lets them decorate their own cupcakes. Just some thoughts.
    Good Luck! We love you & know you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I also like Iced, Blissful Batters, and Sweet Tooth! Best of luck with this!! Sounds like a lot of fun and I like your idea of a cupcake boutique under the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I am so excited that you have a blog but I think I am more excited about the cupcake thing!! You will be GREAT!! I personally think I like Iced....have you looked at the link on my page to Amy's Cakes... she learned how to do a lot of things and does cakes and cupcakes and is great!! I need someone local so I am really excited!!! Good luck and lets do lunch soon!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iced is my favorite! I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pick number 1: Iced
    Pick number 2: Blissful Batters
    Pick number 3: Sweet bites

    NOw, If you want to take another trip to New York with Kyle before or after Christmas to do some cupcake research, I could accompany you on the trip. Your amazing and I'll see you and Kyle in about two weeks when I'm back in Nashville. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete