Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

New Cupcake Recipe!

On Friday, I tried a brand new cupcake recipe!
Lemon Cupcakes with a Fresh Strawberry Center!
If I must say so myself, they were mighty tasty AND they were pretty easy to make. I'm sure it helped that I finally got a KitchenAid MIXER! YEA!! Finally. I haven't been so excited about something in a long time! She is so beautiful. I've got to clear some counter space to make room for her. I need to think of a name....Molly (the mixer)?
These cupcakes have fresh lemon juice and lemon zest, fresh butter and creamy buttermilk. I put a bright red strawberry right in the middle. It makes the cake extra good! The icing is a fresh lemon buttercream with a hint of vanilla! Mmmmm... I took the cupcakes to the lake house for the weekend and they were gobbled up in no time!


My brand new mixer!

Straight out of the oven.

Inside the cupcake. YUM!

I loved adding a fresh slice of lemon & strawberry.

The final product! Wouldn't you like to bite into one of these?!?!

4 comments:

  1. Simply amazing! Words cannot describe how jealous I am of your mixer! She is beautiful!!! You need to make a delivery to Centennial soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mixer. I don't have one and I've always wondered if I'd really use it...but I guess since I've been married almost 6 years and never needed one the answer is no;) That cupcake looks sooo yummy! I want one ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your time to bake cupcakes. I used to love to bake pies when Josh & I first got married. Having a baby put an end to that. HAHA Love the mixer! The cupcakes look beautiful, you truly have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankfully (and unthankfully???), I have alot of time on my hands! :)

    ReplyDelete