Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My 1st Cake!

I began my cake decorating class last night, so I was eager to put my skills to the test. The class taught us how to level a cake, fill it and ice it with buttercream. I was overly excited and want to try to decorate a cake with fondant. I have never used fondant and this was my 1st experience working with it. I love the way fondant looks, but not crazy about the way it tastes! I guess it just depends on whether you want a really yummy tasting cake or a cake with great
decorations and creativity.
I've got a lot to learn about using fondant, but must say that the 1st one isn't too shabby! Let me know if you need a cake for any occasion!



This is an almond-flavored white cake with cherry filling and vanilla buttercream icing.






4 comments:

  1. Love the cake and the Nashville shirt! I can't wait to see the sword!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I will get being giving you a call our next event!! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great Megan!! I am so excited that you will be making cakes!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete