Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Vacation in Hawaii!


Kyle and I recently took a wonderful vacation to Hawaii! We spent 3 nights in Honolulu and 6 nights in Maui. We had such an amazing time and it was great to get away and relax. I must say that 10 days is just about the right amount of time to get away and truly feel relaxed. I've been to Hawaii once before, when I was 10 or 11 years old, but Kyle had never been. It truly is paradise! We chose to go to Honolulu first and see the sights before heading to Maui to RELAX! Both places were completely different, but tons of fun! In Honolulu, we hiked Diamond Head crater, visited Pearl Harbor, swam with the dolphins (AMAZING!) and rented scooters to drive around the island. We did a lot of relaxing on Maui but found time to get up at 3am in order to watch the sunrise from the top of Haleakala (active but dormant volcano) and bike down from 6500 feet. We went snorkeling and saw gigantic sea turtles and went parasailing (I had never done this before).
I know it is a LONG flight from Nashville, but if you ever get the chance to go, DO NOT pass it up! I promise that you won't be disappointed! We took over 500 pictures, so I'll try and narrow that down a bit :)

The view from our hotel room in Honolulu.

Waikiki Beach

Getting ready to hike Diamond Head crater at 7am!

Half way up the crater. This is not for the faint of heart!

View from the top of Diamond Head crater. This is a view looking back at Honolulu and Waikiki Beach.

Swimming with the dolphins! This was an amazing experience!
It is very educational and fun. Check out the website--www.dolphinquest.org.

Kissing the dolphin. They are so smart and very well trained!

Kyle giving Hoku a big hug!

Posing for the camera!

Visiting the USS Arizona and Pearl Harbor.

Two quarts of oil still bubble to the surface each day.

These are the scooters that we rented to drive around the island. I was terrified for my life! Hawaii has a no helmet law and you ride right on the road with the cars. I was very scared and couldn't really enjoy myself.

We pulled off the road several times to take pictures and relax. The views were gorgeous!

Watching the waves crash against the rock was mesmerizing!

Relaxing on the beach.

Our last night in Honolulu.

View of Oahu from the airplane.

Welcome to Maui!

Dinner at a restaurant on the beach in Maui. We sat at our table with our feet in the sand and listened to live music! It doesn't get much better than that!

The most AMAZING sunsets!

Getting ready for the sunrise on top on Haleakala.

It was freezing on top of the volcano!

Absolutely beautiful!


Looking down into the crater of the volcano.

Got our bike gear on and ready to take off!

Again, amazing sunsets!

Stopping off along the beach in Makena.

Livin' the life!

Kyle on top of the world. :)

Our snorkeling adventure! We saw the most beautiful fish and huge sea turtles!
They were awesome!

Another sunset! They were just so beautiful. I had to take a picture every single night!

Dinner in Lahaina on our last night.

Back to reality.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! That looks like the best vacation ever. Everything you did is something I want to do. I'm dying to go to Hawaii! One day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures brought back good memories. So happy you didn't get the swine flu! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it must be so amazing to take a trip like this with someone you love! I can't wait till my boyfriend and I can afford to do something this awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete