Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 5, 2011

Quick Beach Trip!

In mid-August, Kyle and I took a long weekend beach vacation with our good friends, The Creamers!  I had been looking forward to this trip for several months!  Kyle and Ashley have a precious 6 month old and we had both decided to leaving our kiddos with the grandparents!  It was, however, going to be my very first time spending a night away from Will, EVER.  As the weekend approached, I felt this dark cloud coming over me as I anticipated leaving him.  As I've mentioned previously, he's been a real momma's boy lately and the thought of him being upset caused me to have anxiety.  BUT, miraculously, we dropped Will off at my sister's house, his cousins whirled him away to play and I ended up being okay!  Thank you so much to Kyle's parents for keeping him and, I'm sure, spoiling him the whole weekend!  That made it so much easier for me to leave him behind.
Honestly, it was so nice to be able to get away for just a few short days!!  I have totally forgotten what it is like to have my own schedule--eat when I want, shower when I want, go to bed when I want, make an unexpected stop here or there to window shop or just completely lay around and do nothing!  Being a parent is hard work and we owe it to ourselves to spend just a small amount of time recharging our batteries!  I will say, though, it wasn't near as hard leaving the beach when I knew that I would soon get to see my little guy's sweet smile.  








Thank you so much Kyle and Ashley for inviting us to the beach!  We can't wait to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment