Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Decor

I had all of the plans in my head of how much fun decorating for Christmas would be this year.  With a new baby, holidays bring on an entire different meaning and I was more excited than ever!  We would turn on the yule logs with Christmas music from OnDemand (thank you, Caroline, for introducing me to that!), have a fun drink and "Christmasy" snacks (you know, sausage balls, etc) and be merry while decorating the house for Christmas as a family.  
Well, it didn't quite work out how I had planned it. Kyle was feeling under the weather and didn't feel like pulling down all of the Christmas decorations. So, we pushed our decorating back a day.  The next day, I wasn't feel too hot either.  But, we both decided that we would go ahead and try to get some of it finished--sans the sausage balls, fun drink and being merry :(  We did get to listen to the yule logs crackling and the Christmas music BRIEFLY...until, guess what? Yep.  The Titans came on TV.  
Oh well, maybe next year :)




6 comments:

  1. I should take a picture of our house! We JUST got down all the boxes of decorations last night...put up the tree (with no ornaments yet) and now just have all the boxes laying in the middle of the family room with a bare tree! It looks like a tornado went through our house! UGH! Your house looks fab (as always!!) Can't wait for our annual Christmas dinner on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I decorated this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute! I'm so impressed with the bow on your wreath. Your next post should be a tutorial on how to make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so pretty! Especially if you were feeling sick...it turned out adorable! We were worried about Easton pulling all the ornaments off the tree, but he really doesn't pay attention to it. Look on my blog list..there are two food blogs that I like, and fron them I found SO many more! My favorite this week is The Pioneer Woman. Her website is awesome! I made three of her recipes this week and they were so good. and easy. I get them done and ready for oven or crockpot during easton's afternoon nap. Go see her site!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But it looks great! Next year, it will be will breaking all the ornaments like elye did this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks adorable! I didn't get into it as much this year with Easton either..oh..you asked about food blogs. My all time fav is The Pioneer Woman. Everything I make from her blog is delicious! There are a couple on my blog list that I like too. Get on one of those, and go through their blog lists. That's how I've found all of the the ones I read! It's such a good 'time waster' !

    ReplyDelete